First of all, my apologies to all who are interested in my LJ for the lack of posts over the last five-plus months; I’m afraid I’ve been dealing (not very well) with the aftermath of my end-of-October depression/apathy state, and it’s taken quite a while. I’ve managed to get some stuff done, but not nearly as much as I wanted to have by this point in time….
– Had a very nice Christmas in St. John’s with my family plus my Mom’s extended family, but it was unfortunately a bit rushed (I was there for a total of four days). Got home to work and Toronto’s nasty winter setting in with a vengeance.
– Had my annual end-of-February/beginning-of-March trip to Costa Rica, and that was very enjoyable – will post more about that later, including a couple of pictures of Volcan Arenal. By that time, I desperately needed a break and the weather down there was pleasant (even if I was woken up at 6 every morning by the guys working on my parents’ house).
– While I was down in Costa Rica, my brother got engaged to his girlfriend; the wedding is at the beginning of August in St. John’s, in my aunt’s (previously my grandmother’s) garden. I’ve got the time off, and my sisters and I are the bridesmaids. Really looking forward to it, and very happy for Tony and Anna.
– Had a pleasant birthday last Saturday, but am still working with that stupid depression-aftermath. Starting to think that it may be time to either take some time off work and do the day thing for a while, or start looking for another job (I’d prefer not to do the latter, because I like my job and its benefits – but something has to change…).
– First the really good news: I have a story in Chinook Vol. 7, an upcoming all-Supernatural zine from Blackfly Presses. Debut will be at MediaWest.
– Second, the equally good news (well, long-term, that is): I’ve got two original stories started, one a short story and the other a novel. I’m hoping to get some more work done on them soon.
– Third, posting news: Suddenly realized tonight that I’d never posted Chp. 4.4 of RuroBatt/Edge of the Blade – will be getting that done before leaving work in the morning. (Yes, it’s a fic post!)
– Fourth: Have been seduced by the fandom that is Detective Conan/Magic Kaito. As a result, have got… three stories that I’m working on in that fandom, one gen and two shounen-ai. Favourite characters: Edogawa Conan/Kudou Shinichi and Kuroba Kaito/Kaitou Kid.